Tuesday 17 January 2012

Painting on Photoshop




  • I firstly sketched out my jug and scanned it into Photoshop. 
  • I then changed the curves of my image to make it clearer. 
  • Using the Magic Wand Tool I selected different areas each time. I painted it using one of the Dry Media Brushes, for a more textured effect.
  • I made sure the brush had a 10% opacity so that I could apply the colour in layers. 
  • I then gave the jug a ground shadow, by selecting the background with the Magic Wand Tool.
  • To finish off, I made areas darker with the Burn Tool and lighten areas with the Dodge Tool. Both these tools were good as they added tone without adding extra layers of paint. 

  • The second image is the greyscale version of my original, done with Desaturate Adjustment.
  • The third image was done by Inverting my greyscale image.


No comments:

Post a Comment