These images are supposed to look like a wood block print.
How I made these images:
- I scanned in my image, I drew it making sure each line was a double line as this is to represent the thick line you would carve out of a woodblock.
- Next I added a new layer.
- I selected the parts of my image with the magic wand tool and filled in colour with the Bucket Tool on my new layer.
- Once completely coloured I deleted the background layer and flatten my image.
- With a picture of a wood texture I found online, I changed it to Black & White, then adjusted the Curves and Inverted the image.
- I then moved it onto my image and put it as the layer behind.
- To finish I changed the the top layer's Blending Mode to Screen.
I then decided to try and make the block print more realistic by using just one colour as you usually do when creating a block print.
Next using Hue/Saturation Adjustment on the image above I made this image...
|Coffee Cup Print.|